Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spring Pasta - Shells with Broccoli, Edamame and Pesto


Pesto has become a new favorite in my house.  I find I use it constantly for the kids.  They LOVE Pesto Pizza and Pesto Cheesy Garlic Bread but for some reason I haven't made Pesto pasta.  This one I whipped up in just minutes for a quick dinner using prepared pesto that I bought at the market.  When I have more time I'll make my own and of course post that recipe too!

My kids absolutely loved this dish.  It's a great side dish or a main dish served with garlic bread.  Use the prepared pesto for an easy, super quick dinner during the week.  This would also be delicious served cold for a BBQ side dish.

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. pasta (any shape you like)
1/2 cup prepared Pesto
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 cups raw broccoli florets, cut small
1/2 cup frozen, shelled edamame

Preparation:

Cook pasta until a dente and drain.  Stir in pesto and parmesan cheese and mix until pasta is well coated.  In a med skillet on the stove heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, add garlic and cook on med heat for about a minute stirring so it won't burn.  Add broccoli florets and sauté garlic for about 2 minutes.  Stir in frozen edamame and cook for another minute until edamame is heated through.  Pour hot broccoli and edamame over the pesto pasta and stir in.  Serve immediately.




1 comment:

  1. Spring pasta is my favorite recipe I have tried this several times but this specific one is new to me. Would definitely try it whenever got time.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.